Recipe: inspired by https://www.walderwellness.com/pear-brie-salad-skewers/
Let’s skip the story, and go straight to the good stuff:
-1 brie cheese round, cut into squares
-1 pear (brown type), sliced thick like apples
-jam of choice (I chose raspberry, but fig, blackberry, or peach also sound great)
-toasted pecans (or walnuts or almonds)
- Slice pears into quarters and remove seeds and stem. Cut the slices into ~½ inch cubes (the size of cheese cubes)
- Cut brie into ~½ inch cubes (again, think store bought cheese cubes)
- Take a skewer, and add a piece of pear, arugula (~5 leaves), and a cube of cheese.
- BEFORE adding cheese, spread a bit of the jam on the top that touches the arugula
- Top and gently press toasted pecan pieces onto the soft gooey part of the cheese
- Repeat until ingredients are finished
- Drizzle balsamic reduction or glaze on top of the skewers and enjoy!